HISTORY OF MOTORCYCLE'S ON APPLETON POLICE
First motorcycle went on duty with A.P.D. on 10-02-1911. This was an Excelsior M.C.
In Sept. 1912 the department changed to a Thor.
Report on 01-15-1915 states that the department motorcycle put on 12,000 miles during the year 1914.
On 03-16-1916 the department received a new Big Valve Twenty horse power Excelsior
1918 the department had two Excelsior motorcycles.
1926 Three motorcycles
1950 the department had 6 motorcycles.
In 1960 the department had
The department last used motorcycles in the 1970's,
but then in 1981 the department received a 750cc Honda motorcycle and used it for about 3 years.