The History of the Evanston Police Department Motorcycle Unit
The Evanston Police Department's first police motor was acquired in 1908. We currently have seven 2015 Harley-Davidson Road Kings in operation. Our motors are utilized on a daily basis by the members of the traffic enforcement bureau. Besides traffic enforcement, the motors are regularly assigned to handle various traffic escorts, funeral details, parades, and dignitary escorts. The police department takes great pride in making sure their motor officers are proficient on the motors. All motor officers are certified and receive yearly training by 2 Harley Davidson/Northwestern University Center for Public Safety instructors. They also train throughout the year with members of the Northern Illinois Motor Officers Association.
1950's Evanston Police Department Motor Officer James Marsh Allen
1950 4th of July Parade Central St. and Green Bay Rd.
Officer William P. Labbe' Sr.
(1945-1968) 23 Year Veteran