In 1921, Chief John J. McBride created a traffic squad that was Initially staffed by seven Cambridge Police officers. By 1928, there were 36 men assigned to the squad. In August 2005, the department replaced the entire fleet of Harley-Davidson motorcycles with new BMWs.
Members of the traffic squad pose in front of the old Central Square headquarters around 1939.
Traffic Enforcement officers this spring.